I’m trying to get more organized in the new year. A big part of that is streamlining dinner by planning meals in advance. So, I’ve been combing through my recipes and cookbooks to make a master list of all the meals my family enjoys. It turns out we eat a much larger variety that I thought and make a list with Gluten Free Dinner Ideas!
For all of these ideas, it’s assumed that you’ll use all gluten free ingredients. Many of them are naturally gluten free, exactly as written, but you will need to tweak a few. For example, if the recipe calls for soy sauce or pasta, make sure you use the gluten free version.
Gluten Free Dinner Ideas
- Taco salad
- Baked penne (gf pasta)
- Black eye peas with ham and cabbage
- Steak fajita salad
- GF chicken nuggets with homemade fries and a side salad
- Baked potato bar with a variety of toppings, including sour cream, cheese, butter, broccoli, and leftover meat (try chicken, barbecue, steak, taco meat, or any other meat!)
- Meat loaf (use GF bread crumbs or bread alternative, or skip the bread crumbs), mashed potatoes, and broccoli
- Shrimp scampi with gluten free pasta
- Baked stuffed shells w/ gf shells
- Chicken and rice soup
- Four cheese broccoli and chicken bake
- Hamburger patty cooked with mushrooms and onions, served with tator tots and salad
- Stuffed eggplant and zucchini
- Egyptian Beans (ful)– we usually eat this for breakfast, but it’s good any time of the day
- Shepherd’s pie
- Southwest Chicken and Rice Bake
- Tilapia with mixed veggies and rice
- Salmon with herbed butter, roasted potatoes, and vegetables
- Shrimp pilaf
- Salad bar with an assortment of veggies, meats, and gf toppings
I’ll post soon with recipes for some of these dishes. What are your favorite gluten free dinners? I’m sharing this article on Gluten-Free Wednesdays, Allergy-Free Wednesdays, and Wheat-Free Wednesday.